Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Jolly Christmas

Jolly Christmas


Supplies Needed:
PSP (written in PSP X3, will work in other versions)
DCIC Christmas 2010 scrap kit by Deborah found here
Select from the kit:
2 papers of choice (I used DCIC Christmas 2010 Paper004 & DCIC Christmas 2010 Paper013)
1 of the Reindeer with sleigh images (I used DCIC Christmas2010 Blitzen w Sleigh 002)
1 of the Santa with red bag (I used DCIC Christmas2010 Santa 002 - Red)
1 of the present images (I used DCIC Christmas2010 Present 001)
DCIC Christmas2010 Tree 001
Optional: I chose to use several of the toy images from the kit to put in the bottom left corner. The ones I chose to use are listed below in Step 18.


Plugins I used:
Filters Unlimited 2.0>Edges, Square


Preparation:
Select & maximize the paper you are going to use for your background (I used DCIC Christmas 2010 Paper004)
Edit>Copy
Close the original

Method:
1. File>New: Width & Height: 600, Raster & Transparent: Checked
This will be our working copy
Selections>Select All
Edit>Paste into selection

2. Selections>Modify>Contract: 20

3. Maximize the 2nd paper of choice
Dropper Tool: Place over the color of the background you selected, and right click to set as your Background color in the Material Palette
Edit>Copy
Close the original

4. Back to working copy
Layers>New raster layer
Edit>Paste into selection
Selections>Select None

5. Effects>Plugins>Filters Unlimited 2.0>Edges, Square>Square Edge 09
Effects>3D Effects>Drop Shadow: 2, 2, 65, 2, Black, Unchecked
Effects>3D Effects>Drop Shadow: -2 (minus 2), -2 (minus 2), 65, 2, Black, Unchecked

6. Maximize DCIC Christmas2010 Tree 001
Edit>Copy
Close the original

7. Back to working copy
Edit>Paste as new layer
Image>Resize: Percent: Selected, Width: 60, Height will self adjust, Resize all layers: Unchecked
Adjust>Sharpness>Sharpen

8. Move Tool, Move to top left corner of inner paper (see my header for placement)
Effects>3D Effects>Drop Shadow: 7, 6, 65, 9, Black, Unchecked

9. Maximize your Reindeer with Sleigh image (Mine was DCIC Christmas2010 Blitzen w Sleigh 002)
Edit>Copy
Close the original

10. Back to working copy
Edit>Paste as new layer
Image>Resize: Percent: Selected, Width: 68, Height will self adjust, Resize all layers: Unchecked
Adjust>Sharpness>Sharpen

11. You may want to move this image down a bit, I waited until I had the rest of my images placed, and adjusted at the end
Effects>3D Effects>Drop Shadow: 7, 6, 65, 9, Black, Unchecked

12. Maximize the Santa with red bag image you selected (I used I used DCIC Christmas2010 Santa 002 - Red)
Edit>Copy
Close the original

13. Back to working copy
Edit>Paste as new layer
Image>Resize: Percent: Selected, Width: 55, Height will self adjust, Resize all layers: Unchecked
Adjust>Sharpness>Sharpen

14. Move Tool: Move to bottom right corner area (see my header for placement)
Effects>3D Effects>Drop Shadow: 7, 6, 65, 9, Black, Unchecked

15. Maximize the presents image you chose (I used DCIC Christmas2010 Present 001)
Edit>Copy
Close the original

16. Back to working copy
Edit>Paste as new layer
Image>Resize: Percent: Selected, Width: 35, Height will self adjust, Resize all layers: Unchecked
Adjust>Sharpness>Sharpen

17. Move Tool: Move to bottom left corner area (see my header for placement)
Effects>3D Effects>Drop Shadow: 7, 6, 65, 9, Black, Unchecked

18. At this point I chose a few of the toys that were included in the scrap kit and placed them in my image, resizing and drop shadowing
The ones I used were:
DCIC Christmas2010 Toy 004 (this one I moved below the presents layer)
DCIC Christmas2010 Toy 007 (drum)
DCIC Christmas2010 Toy 014 (teddy bear)

19. Once all your elements are added to your image, use the move tool to place how you like.
When you are done,
Layers>Merge>Merge All (Flatten)

20. Image>Add Borders: 2, Color: A color of choice (I clicked in the color selector box, then placed my cursor on the image background (first paper), and selected a color. Then I used the L Option and lowered the Lightness to make my color choice darker)

21. The main reason I left the top right corner empty was to add text to my image.
For the text, I used a gold pattern as my background color, and the same dark color I did my border above in for the FG color (the Stroke of text application was 1)
Add text if you like

22. New Raster layer
Add watermark
Layers>Merge>Merge All (Flatten)

23. If you are making a IncrediMail Letter (aka Stat), use the paper you chose for your background layer
Effects>Image Effects>Seamless Tile: Default settings
Layers>Properties and lower to opacity so your background is text friendly


I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial, and thank you for trying it. If so, feel free to leave a comment, they are nice to see but not required.


LEGAL INFO:
This tutorial was written and designed by Deborah and is made using teaching and tips gained from the web and PSP, Animation Shop, and the other programs used, the programs listed Help feature; and is my own creation.
Any resemblance to other tutorials available is coincidental.
Please do not share this tutorial or to place it on any web site without my written permission.
Please do not translate this tutorial into any other language without my written permission: kay2ndjackson3@gmail.com.
If sharing, please direct to my blog site at: http://deborahscornerincyberspace.blogspot.com/
Dated: December 5, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment